Saturday, 20 June 2015
10 things that have made me happy this week!
This post is inspired by the lovely Cider With Rosie, whose 10 things posts are some of my favourites.
You may have noticed the lack of posts around here and that's due to the fact that I've had a quite full-on couple of weeks, both good and bad. So instead of focusing on the difficulties that I've been facing lately I thought I'd share some little things that have been helping me along and making my days brighter this week:
01. We've had a few truly summery days lately and it's finally been warm enough for me to wear my birkenstocks again. This brings me unspeakable comfort and joy.
02. Lucozade pink lemonade; so bad, but so good.
03. Deciding to watch Rhett and Link's Good Mythical Morning from the beginning and making my way through over 100 episodes from the comfort of my bed.
04. Speaking of Rhett and Link, that time they sand Lionel Richie's All Night Long literally all night long. You can see the four minute version here, or the full eleven hours here if you're hardcore.
05. Seeing some of my best friends for the first time in months. Eating too much good food and having some much needed laughs.
06. Discovering my perfect neutral blush. Rimmel's Santa Rose; beautiful, subtle and long-lasting.
07. Being able to spend time sitting outside and reading, I'm currently enjoying Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness.
08. Deciding on a new everyday uniform and picking up four ultra-soft coloured t-shirts from Forever 21. Getting dressed is about to get so much easier.
09. Getting enough sleep. After having a rough time healthwise and not sleeping much for a week, getting a full 10 hours was such a relief and I feel like a little weight has been lifted.
10. Having the support of my family. I'm so grateful that due to my parents' wonderful kindness and support I am able to take the time to get better, there aren't words for how grateful I am for everything they do for me.
What has made you happy this week?