Saturday, 18 July 2015
10 things that have made me happy this week: holiday edition!
I've just come back from a lovely, relaxing week in north Wales with my parents and boyfriend where a lot of sun was soaked up, amazing food was eaten, books were read and I for one was completely at peace. We came ready to brave the ridiculous unpredictable Welsh weather and only had to splash our way through two days of serious downpours before being treated to blissful sunshine for the rest of the week, so we felt very lucky indeed. I thought I'd share some of the highlights of the trip and round up the things that made me happy and grateful every day...
01. Dappled skies.
02. Unexpectedly hot and sunny beach days in beautiful, quiet, sandy coves.
03. No internet connection = a peaceful mind.
04. Rolling hills and endless landscapes.
05. Playing hilarious games in the caravan. Favourites include; Articulate, Rummy and Keep Talking.
06. The crazy sparkling blueness of the sea.
07. Hours of uninterrupted reading time in beautiful surroundings.
08. Exploring castles and pretending I'm in Game of Thrones (without all the murder and nudity obvs.)
09. The best BBQ ribs I've ever had, courtesy of The Ship Inn, Edern.
10. Simple British seaside pleasures like markets, ice cream and braving the beach in all weathers.
I hope you're all having a brilliant summer and enjoying the unprecedented British weather we've been enjoying lately! I really enjoyed North Wales and discovered some wonderful places so let me know if you'd like me to do another Weekender's Guide.
What has made you happy this week?
This post is inspired by the lovely Cider With Rosie, whose 10 things posts are some of my favourites.